Monday, January 08, 2007

Catholic School Rasing Standardized Test Scores 

Exciting article in today's Washington Post regarding Catholic schools in the city and their ability to raise student test scores as measured by the Terra Nova exam.

My thought is that if they can do it so can the rest of us involved in the charter school movement in D.C., expecially at the William E. Doar, Jr. Public Charter School for the Performing Arts.

The Terra Nova exam is produced by CTB/McGraw-Hill. I thought that this was the test that DCPS administered in 2006 to measure AYP but I am not sure so I went on the school system's web page to find out.

Much to my surprise, or as expected depending on my mood, I could not find any information on the first page about standardized testing. This shows you the emphasis this bunch has regarding student acheivment.

Let's turn this into today's game. Here's the link. See if you can prove me wrong. Send me a note or post a comment if you can find information on the exam.

PermaLink | 6:57 AM | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?