Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Breakfast With Charles Murray 

Great piece by Charles Murray in today's Wall Street Journal regarding the waste of time that a B.A. degree in college has turned into. He recommends replacing it with a certification exam. But perhaps better then the commentary is the news at the bottom of the article that Mr. Murray's next book is on education in this country. I cannot wait!

On another subject, a funny thing happened to me the other day. By accident I opened a resume I had created 10 years ago. I was shocked to see that under the topic "Activities" there was not mention of my work with charter schools. No word about Cesar Chavez or William E. Doar.

It made me realize that if I had to summarize the last decade it would center around my work in D.C.'s charter school movement. Not a bad way to spend your time.

PermaLink | 6:25 AM | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?