Friday, August 31, 2007

Virginia Tech President Charles Steger Should Resign 

In my work I use the shooting at Virginia Tech as an example of how organizations often become confused as to where their focus should be. The management of Virginia Tech thought that their main mission was to educate. But in reality the central focus of everyone should have been the safety of the students, staff, and visitors to their campus. After Seung-Hui Cho killed the first two people classes should have been cancelled and everyone should have been warned to stay inside and lock their doors.

The parents of those who lost their lives are frustrated that no one has taken responsibility for what happened and I think they are right. I don't think anyone really could have stopped Cho from murdering but I am in agreement with the just released report that the number could have been much less. This is why Mr. Steger should resign.

PermaLink | 5:36 AM | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?