Monday, May 22, 2006

Global Warming 

It looks like the topic is about to heat up again (pun definitely intended). A full-length film by Al Gore is about to be released on the subject and today Andrew Revkin of the New York Times covers it and columnist Sebastian Mallaby writes in support of Vice-President's effort. What interests me especially in these articles is that both refer to the anti-Gore radio ads created by the Competitive Enterprise Institute, a libertarian think tank for which I used to work. This is a major publicity hit for a public policy group.

For those who don't know me well I to point out that I don't watch much television except for C-Span and other news type programs. However, last Summer my older daughter introduced the family to "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and I fell in love with it. The is the show by Larry David, the co-creator of "Seinefield." You can read all about the show here. The reason that I am bringing it up is that Larry David's wife in real life is the producer of the Al Gore movie.

PermaLink | 6:32 AM | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?