Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Whitney Museum Director Responds To My Email 

Dear Mark,

Thanks so much for your kind and enthusiastic remarks. I'm so pleased to hear that you and your family are responding to our exhibitions. The Whitney's expansion plans are designed to better service our visitors and show more of our collection, rather than to increase the visitor numbers. I believe wholeheartedly that you and your family will come away from our potential new space with an enhanced appreciation and enjoyment as you did last week in the Breuer building.

Thanks again for your thoughtful message.

Adam D. Weinberg


-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Lerner [mailto:mlerner10@comcast.net]
Posted At: Friday, March 25, 2005 11:04 AM
Posted To: Director
Conversation: The Whitney is Great
Subject: The Whitney is Great


March 25, 2005

Mr. Weinberg,

I just wanted to send you a quick note to tell you how much my family and I enjoy your museum. This past week we visited the new Museum of Modern Art and the Whitney. I was excited to see the newly renovated MOMA and I have read much about it. I was extremely disappointed. The intimate facility has been replaced with something extremely large which takes away from the paintings on the wall. I don't think I will be returning.

The Whitney, on the other hand, never fails to please. A lot of times I find the art is too weird but it never fails to grab my attention and to get me thinking. It is also fun. I also love to see how children react to what is on display.

I know that the Whitney is planning an expansion. I hope that it will not become so big that the atmosphere I enjoy there today is dimmished.

Sincerely,

Mark Lerner

PermaLink | 1:26 AM | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?