Saturday, November 19, 2005

Done With The Bush Administration 

I'm ready for someone new to take over as President. I think it was the Washington Post story yesterday by Dana Priest which referenced the the CIA's secret prisons together with news reports about the torturing of prisoners there that finally pushed me over the edge. This Iraq war was so poorly thought out. Anyone could have predicted the problems we would have after we occupied this country. Now over 2,000 young men and woman have lost their lives. We have poured millions of dollars into the reconstruction. The war has diverted our attention in this country to other important issues. And after 2 years Congress is still fighting over whether we should have got involved...

I have listening to a lot of Joan Baez recently so I'll just print some words from a song she is playing often lately, "Christmas in Washington" by Steve Earle:

To listen to the radio
You'd think that all was well
But you and me and most folks know
It's going straight to hell

Anyone else think it is time for a regime change?

PermaLink | 9:32 AM | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?