Wednesday, February 11, 2004

There Is A God 

Dear Mark Lerner,

Thank you so much for your email to Adam Weinberg. We're so pleased with your response to the Whitney! It is the relationship we hope to instill in every visitor.

Your suggestion that the Whitney mount a major exhibition of Edward Hopper's work is timely. In fact, we are in the initial stages of planning for such an exhibition. It will be several years before its presentation; however, we hope that when the time comes, the show will bring the insights into the worlds of politics and humanity that you correctly attribute to Hopper's work.

Best,

Barbara Haskell, Curator

-----Original Message-----
From: Mlerner10@aol.com [mailto:Mlerner10@aol.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 15, 2004 6:16 AM
To: Director
Subject: Hopper Exhibition

Mr. Weinberg,

I love your museum! My family travels often to NYC (my daughter just finished her first semester at NYU) and whenever we come I make sure I visit. It has a special character that is difficult to explain.

My point in writing is that I wish someone would organize a new exhibition of Hopper's work. I think that in light of the complicated world events we have experienced over the last 2 years his art offers us a chance to contemplate all that is going on around us.

I'm glad you have returned to the Whitney and I wish you the best of luck.

Mark Lerner
Reston, Virginia

PermaLink | 4:34 AM | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?