Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Let's Get Excited 

No one cheered the announcement that eight Catholic schools in the District might be converted to secular charter schools.
So say the editors of the Washington Post in an opinion published today on the possible conversion of eight Catholic schools to charters. Well, I don't know if I actually jumped up and down but I think I was pretty enthusiastic about the move.

The editorial makes me feel good in that it continues the Washington Post's long time commitment to school choice:

We strongly support the efforts of Mayor Adrian M. Fenty (D) to improve the public schools, but no child should have to wait to learn. That's why choice is so important in American education.
Finally, the editors say they are concerned about "church-state" issues, something I and Clint Bolick do not think is actually a problem.

PermaLink | 6:53 AM | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?