Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Protecting Metro 

Yesterday was the first time I have taken the Washington, D.C. subway since the dual incidents in London. I had read all about the increased security on Metro. So what did I see on my trip?

I took a bus (no visible changes) to the West Falls Church station. On the platform was a Fairfax County police officer. What he was doing there I have no idea. He looked at people as they came down the escalator. He talked to a woman. Passengers had all sorts of bags, backpacks, and packages. The officer didn't ask to look in any of them.

I studied the stations at each stop while standing on the train. I never saw another police presence. I got off at Foggy Bottom at George Washington University. This is always a busy place, especially at rush hour. Again, I saw no signs of security.

I'd love to know what Metro is really doing to prevent a terrorist attack.

PermaLink | 6:22 AM | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?