Monday, October 25, 2004

Nathaniel Branden 

On the trip back home on the train from New York City I watched the movie the "Passion of Ayn Rand". In the movie, as in the excellent biography by Barbara Branden, Nathaniel Branden comes off looking like a cheap immoral fool. At one point in his life he is close to sleeping with three woman simultaneously. It was his actions that split the objectivist movement and resulted in a lot of people becoming disillusioned. Because Mr. Branden and I share a common friend I thought I would ask him about this period in his life.

My email:

I watched the movie for the 2nd time last weekend and I was just wondering what you now think of your behavior when you were associated with Ayn Rand.

Also, I'm a friend of Michael O.

Mark Lerner

His response:

That movie is almost entirely fantasy, bearing little relation to the actual events of our relationship. If the subject interests you, I suggest you read "My Years With Ayn Rand."

Nathaniel Branden

I think he is still in denial.

PermaLink | 9:17 PM | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?