Wednesday, September 08, 2004

What A Day 

I wish everyone could have been at the WEDJ School this morning. There were hundreds of purple and white balloons marking the first day of our new school. Purple and white are the colors of New York University so I felt like I was with my older daughter.

Seeing all of those little kids dressed in their school uniforms, the parents who are trusting us with the safety and education of their children, and the teachers with their WEDJ shirts brought tears to my eyes and those of fellow board member Steve Pearcy.

Later in the day I reached Sewell Chan over at the Washington Post. He was interested in the information I provided him regarding the charter school movement in Washington D.C. and the work that we have done with the Ezra Company. Mr. Chan added that if I could provide him some basic information about the WEDJ school that he may do an article about it! What a day.

PermaLink | 4:07 PM | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?