Sunday, March 07, 2004

Moving 

I'm disappointed with the commentaries recently coming out of our major news sources so today we'll discuss something extremely important - my future.

For years, my wife and I have talked about moving back into D.C. to live. Our favorite address was when we had an apartment on Connecticut Ave. across from the Zoo. Then we had a kid, the place was too small and there was no were no other stay-at-home moms to talk to. So we re-located to Reston, which for years proved to be an excellent place to raise a family.

But now we are done with the suburbs. In the many discussions my wife and I have had on the subject we have decided that if we could we would reside in the Penns Quarter area around the MCI Center. My wife's dream is to have an apartment in the Landsburg, work in her home office with views of the city, and order lunch delivered from Jaleo, which is located on the first floor.

But, of course, we are not the only ones thinking of moving back in. The Washington Post today talks about all the activity around this part of town and the high prices that are now being charged for rentals and condos.

It looks now like our dream may remain just that - a dream.

PermaLink | 10:45 AM | |

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?